In today’s rapidly evolving world of live broadcast production, staying at the cutting edge of technology is imperative, especially for sports, news, and entertainment content. When it comes to stream reception and decoding, especially from over cellular networks, Haivision StreamHub is the standout choice, offering a plethora of features that make it the most versatile and efficient live video stream receiver in the market. Further, Haivision StreamHub is available with flexible deployment options.
StreamHub’s Unmatched Capabilities
As a receiver for video, audio, and data transported over bonded cellular, StreamHub offers a variety of features that set it apart from other options on the market:
- Native SRT Support: StreamHub supports the open-source Secure Reliable Transport (SRT) protocol that Haivision pioneered, allowing it to receive streams from any source utilizing SRT. This feature enables you to integrate seamlessly with various workflows including cloud-based video production.
- Versatile Input and Output: StreamHub boasts a multitude of inputs and outputs, offering unmatched flexibility. The turnkey appliance version can be configured with up to 16 SDI card, NDI, and ST 2110 outputs. It can output to various formats, including SDI, IP formats like SRT, HLS, RTMP, NDI, and, of course, ST 2110. Whether you’re receiving streams over mobile phone networks, the internet, or from the cloud, StreamHub can handle it all.
- High-Quality Video Support: StreamHub doesn’t compromise on video quality. It can handle live video streams up to 4K and even supports High Dynamic Range (HDR) content – both HLG and PQ transfer functions – ensuring that your audience receives the best viewing experience.
- User-Friendly Interface: StreamHub’s drag-and-drop interface simplifies the management of sources and destinations, making it accessible to users of all levels of expertise from anywhere and any web browser. Its flexibility and open nature cater to different workflows and formats, making it an ideal choice for diverse use cases.
- Low Latency: StreamHub offers low-latency streaming by default. However, the latest version introduces a special ultra-low latency over 5G mode. More on that below!
- Encoding and Transcoding: StreamHub also features real-time video transcoding capabilities. StreamHub supports point-to-point and multipoint distribution and can receive, transcode, and distribute a live stream to multiple locations and environments. Users can adapt incoming feeds to the desired output format; transcode streams between HEVC and H.264, and modify bitrates and video resolutions seamlessly with the versatile receiver.
- Multiviewer: StreamHub can generate multiviewer video content by combining multiple video sources into a single video stream. The StreamHub browser-based user interface also features a graphical layout with preview thumbnails showing all inputs, transcodes, and outputs all at once. The video thumbnails can also be overlayed with statistical information for efficient stream monitoring.
- LiveGuest: A standout feature is LiveGuest, an optional StreamHub feature. It offers a foolproof method for conducting interviews without the need for additional equipment. LiveGuest is browser-based, making it easy for both hosts and guests to join and participate in interviews seamlessly with no extra software or plug-ins needed on the interviewee side.
What’s New with StreamHub
Haivision continually updates the features offered through StreamHub to support the needs of the most demanding broadcast productions. Recent updates to StreamHub include:
SMPTE ST 2110 Support: Extremely versatile, StreamHub supports SDI, NDI, and ST 2110 broadcast production workflows, providing broadcasters with unmatched flexibility and interoperability.
AES67 Audio Format: The inclusion of the AES67 audio format ensures high-quality audio for bi-directional intercom communications with field unit operators.
Ultra-Low Latency Mode: In addition to default low-latency capabilities, the latest version of StreamHub introduces a special ultra-low latency mode, intended for use with Haivision Pro460, that requires the use of a private 5G network. This mode offers an end-to-end latency of just 80 milliseconds. Users can now stream encode and decode over a private 5G network down to as low as 80ms glass-to-glass. This is a great alternative to RF and SDI cables when setting up a remote production in a sport venue, for example.
The Perfect Companion for Haivision Transmitters
StreamHub complements Haivision’s mobile transmitters flawlessly. While StreamHub excels at receiving and decoding streams, its compatibility with Haivision mobile transmitters is what really unlocks the power of its live broadcast capabilities. Together, they create a robust and reliable streaming ecosystem.
Haivision StreamHub is the ultimate solution for stream reception and decoding, offering an array of features that cater to the needs of modern broadcasters, live event organizers, and digital media professionals. The platform can be deployed on-premise as a turnkey solution or in the cloud. Its support for SDI, NDI, ST 2110, SRT, and various input/output options, along with its user-friendly interface and low-latency capabilities, make it a standout choice in the world of streaming technology. Whether you’re broadcasting in 4K, conducting live interviews, or managing multiple streams, StreamHub has you covered.