London, United Kingdom, 24th August 2023 – Rise, the award-winning advocacy group for gender diversity in the broadcast media technology sector, is excited to announce the pairings for the third annual mentoring schemes in APAC and ANZ.
This year’s mentoring programmes cater to more participants from the two regions than ever before and include a range of industry leaders from across the media and entertainment technology sectors.
The schemes are made possible due to invaluable support from industry sponsors including BT Sport, Warner Brothers Discovery, ITV, AVID, BBC News, Black Magic Design, AE Live, Clear-Com, DPP, Deluxe, Grass Valley, Iron Mountain Entertainment Services, SKY, DAZN, Ross Video, SDVI, Gravity Media, Eluv.io, Calrec, Dalet, CVP, disguise, EVS, MOOV, Google Cloud, Red Bee, Vubiquity, netsight, Sony, Timeline TV, Pixotope, Brightcove, EMS Broadcast, ENVY, Broadfield, M2A Media, Pixelogic, Skyline, Tential and Splice.
Acceptance to the Rise programme provides members with entry to an exciting range of benefits including face-to-face networking events, workshops and seminars, all over the course of a six-month programme. Additionally, each mentor-mentee match offers a minimum of 12 hours of personalised guidance through one-on-one sessions.
The APAC and ANZ Mentor and Mentees pairings for the 2023 Rise Programme are as follows:
- Meizhen Hou, Trainee, Beijing Sport University will be mentored by Liming Fu, Chief Representative, IABM
- Akanksha Narode, Associate, Quilt.AI will be mentored by Shad Hashmi, APAC Partner Lead Media & Entertainment, AWS
- Harshitha C V, Subject Matter Expert, Delux Entertainment and Distribution India Pvt LTd will be mentored by Paul Shutt, Deputy Global Head of Customer Success, Vizrt
- Rakhi Sundar, Sr. Director: Project Operations, Deluxe India will be mentored by Shweta Jain, Principal Industry Specialist, Media and Entertainment, AWS
- Abhi Rao, Managing Director, OTTVerse Private Limited will be mentored by Rupali Sarkar, Media and Broadcast Solutions, ARK Infosolutions
- Richa Vatsala, Co-Founder, Digibrandshake will be mentored by Vivian Yu, Marketing Director APAC, Pixotope
- Jisha George, Lead Recruiter, Deluxe Entertainment Distributions India Pvt. Ltd will be mentored by Sulina Menon, Chief Client Officer, OMD India
- Suja Amirtha, Associate Project Manager, Deluxe Entertainment Distributions India Pvt. Ltd will be mentored by Peter Bruce, Snr Manager Channel Sales, Harmonic
- Prameswari Rahmanu, Freelance Translator will be mentored by Sharifah Ahmad, CMO, Torque Video
- Emma Ziker, Client Services Team Lead, Deluxe will be mentored by Melissa Soubratty, Content Director, WTT
- Yun Ru Tan, Content Operations Manager, BBC Studios will be mentored by Tony Berthaud, Vice President, Sales & Services, Harmonic
- Michelle Smith, Team Leader, Deluxe Entertainment Distributions India Pvt. Ltd will be mentored by Shivani Kochhar, Senior Manager Sales Systems, Technology and Operations, Warner Bros. Discovery
- Grace Cunningham, Studio Operations Senior, PWC Australia will be mentored by Nina Walsh, Head of Business Development, APJ & Americas for Media & Entertainment, AWS
- Jessica Paynter, Audio Engineer, Gravity Media will be mentored by Olivia Grimshaw, Presales and Customer Success Manager APAC , Grass Valley
- Sharmaine Spencer, Community Radio Network Operations Coordinator and Team Leader, Community Broadcasting Association of Australia (CBAA) will be mentored by Manda Hatter, Head of Operations, Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)
- Jessica Schiller, Production Assistant, Gravity Media will be mentored by Tanya Rai, Marketing Manager, Telstra Broadcast Services
- Penny He, Finance Manager, Deluxe APAC will be mentored by Trupti Patel, Head of Program Management, Telstra Broadcast Services
- Taylay Gillis, Multi Skilled Technical Operator, MKTG Sports + Entertainment Australia will be mentored by Monica Forlano, Head of AFL Studios, Australian Football League
Sponsorship opportunities for the mentoring schemes and other Rise activities are still available. To find out more and to discuss how you can get involved, please contact Donna Smith, Managing Director at Rise – firstname.lastname@example.org
Rise was formed in 2017 to support and promote women working in the non-craft part of the broadcast media technology industry in operations, engineering, sales, marketing and business. Since its conception, Rise has grown to become a global network hosting events at Broadcast Asia, IBC and NAB. In Spring 2019, Rise won the National Women’s Mentoring Award at the National Mentoring Awards.
Rise’s six-month mentoring programme is designed to support women working in, or aspiring to work in, the UK’s broadcast technology sector. Its mission is to raise the profile of women within the sector, to encourage younger women to join or feel that they can progress and break the glass ceiling, to work with manufacturers to highlight the issues and help them to promote a diverse workforce, as well as to work with industry associations to gain traction and give credence, and to become a platform for smaller groups or individuals wanting to promote female diversity and to support groups promoting other diversities.