Bigger, Faster, and More Powerful, Carbonite Ultra 60 is a New Class of Production Switcher Offering More I/O Than Previously Available
Building off the success of the most popular mid-sized production switcher in the world, Ross Video will introduce Carbonite Ultra 60, a revolutionary new production switcher with big switcher performance, at the 2023 NAB Show Centennial (Booth N2201) in Las Vegas, April 16-19, 2023.
In its own class of production switchers, Carbonite Ultra 60 allows media groups looking to undertake larger, more complex, and more demanding productions to do so without having to spend a considerable amount of money on one of the largest switchers on the market. Additionally, the new modular design of Carbonite Ultra 60, combined with the fact that it’s based on a software-defined hardware platform, makes upgrading from HD to UHD easier and even more affordable for customers.
“When we launched the first edition of Carbonite at NAB 12 years ago, we introduced a new class of production switcher that went beyond the capabilities of many products twice its size and price,” explained Nigel Spratling, Vice President of Production Switchers and Video Servers at Ross Video. “Since that time, we’ve continued to develop the range of Carbonite products to the point where Carbonite Ultra has become the most popular mid-sized production switcher on the market. With the announcement of Carbonite Ultra 60, we’ve taken another massive step forward in our production switcher offering with the biggest, fastest, and most powerful Carbonite to date.”
Key Features of Carbonite Ultra 60
- Carbonite Ultra 60 supports an I/O of up to 60×25 in HD or UHD. The modular 3RU frame can be configured as 36×15 and expanded should demand increase.
- Although Ultra 60 leverages the latest hardware technology to provide incredible performance, it shares the DNA of Carbonite Ultra, including its entire feature set.
- The Carbonite Ultra 60 platform goes beyond simple layering and transitions with onboard Frame Syncs, Format Converters, MultiViewers, and more.
- From SD to UHD and beyond, Carbonite Ultra 60 supports most major formats and frame rates. Plus, HDR and WCG support are built in as well, making Carbonite Ultra 60 an ideal system with which to grow.
- Audio mixing and processing capabilities are available with an easy-to-install license key.
The Carbonite Ultra 60 package features modular I/O boards, making it easier and less costly for customers to leverage the switcher’s incredible feature set without buying more I/O than necessary while supporting future growth. Additionally, it is the first Carbonite with an internal power supply for easier installation.
Carbonite Ultra 60 is an ideal solution for facilities that need the power, affordability, and feature set of Carbonite but require more inputs and outputs than previously available. Finally, Carbonite Ultra 60 provides the same I/O capacity, without compromise, in both HD and UHD.
Les O’Reilly, Director of Product Management for Production Switchers, noted, “We’ve been on an incredible journey with the development of the Carbonite series, and during this time, thousands of technical directors around the world have turned to Carbonite. With this latest development, we’re thrilled to be able to offer customers what they’ve been requesting from us – a larger Carbonite frame. Carbonite Ultra 60 is the result of direct feedback from our customers and allows them to continue to create compelling content for news, sports, corporate communication, education, esports, houses of worship, and more.”
To learn more about Carbonite Ultra 60, visit rossvideo.com/carbonite-ultra-60 or visit us at NAB booth N2201.